Amy Woodall shares communication strategies to help us get out of our own way, manage expectations with upfront contracts, and handle the drama when it shows up.
Amy is making a return visit to the show! You can hear our previous conversation in Episode 28 – How to Not Throat Punch Your Bandmates and other Productive Communication Strategies.
We keep on t he communication track in this conversation. We relate much of the conversation to a band/artist dynamic, but the truths Amy shares can be applied to any other relationship dynamic.
HIghlights and Take Aways
- You’ve got to have a communication strategy in place
- Our money weaknesses
- How our money beliefs weigh on how we value ourselves
- Getting everyone on the same page about where you provide value
- JOURNALING!!!! – My favorite
- Turning head trash into something positive
- How we act determines how we feel
- Actions shift our attitudes
- Fear of Looking Stupid (FOLS)
- You need a strategy in place when presenting new ideas
- How the DRAMA TRIANGLE works
- Agreeing in advance on how to deal with conflict
- Getting clear on the experience you want to create
- How PINK turned her into a fan